The IDM Proteomics & Metabolomics Platform
Triple TOF 6600 (L) and Eksigent LC (R)
A suite of high-end mass spectrometers is available for use, including:
- A Sciex 6600 Triple TOF
- A Thermo Q Exactive quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spec
- A Thermo TSQ Vantage triple quadrupole mass spec
- A Sciex 4800 MALDI TOF/TOF.
- And a suite of associated nano-LCs.
The Platform has extensive experience in proteomics, phosphoproteomics, metaproteomics, lipidomics and metabolomics. We have proven expertise in the analysis of a wide variety of biological samples, utilising both discovery MS (both label-free and label-based) and quantitative targeted MS-based assays. There is capacity for high-throughput analysis of samples, and some sample analyses if required.
The IDM has appointed a dedicated mass spectrometry expert, Dr Bridget Calder, to provide support and training for proteomic and metabolomic mass spectrometry (MS)-based projects, within the IDM Proteomics & Metabolomics Platform. We aim to provide training in sample preparation, MS assay design, MS analysis, data processing, and statistical analysis of your results. We have optimised standard operating procedures available for most MS-based techniques and are experienced in troubleshooting many common problems.
Requests for access and support should be submitted by email to:
- Dr Nelson Soares (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Bridget Calder, Chief Scientific Officer (email@example.com).
- A meeting will be arranged, ideally during the planning phase of your project, to discuss the feasibility, projected time-line, and experimental design of your project.
The IDM Proteomics & Metabolomics Platform will typically follow a collaborative model for access, where our role would be scientific, not purely technical. Such collaborations should apply the ICMJE guidelines for authorship.
Dionex LC system (L) and QExactive Mass Spectrometer (R)